Monday, September 10, 2012

September 11, 2012... Another anything but random Tuesday


September 11th 2001 will forever in my mind be entwined with September 28,2001. The 11th taught me that a random Tuesday can be the day that changes your life forever. The 28th taught me that life must go forward and that happiness can return if even for an instant with the passage of time. Tomorrow is September 11th, never again to be a random Tuesday or any other random day of the week. I suspect the phone will ring as it did in 2001 with that familiar voice on the other end...I suspect there will be white puffy clouds and a hint of chill in the air...yet as familiar as these things will seem the day will be anything but random. It will be the day that forever changed life as we know it. It will be the day that brought us a mere 17 days later, to make the toast that will be forever etched in my mind...In loving memory of those we lost...in grateful tribute to those that serve...we will raise our glasses and celebrate life tonite...

No comments:

Post a Comment